Equipment Operator & Excavator: Maintain and operate skid steer, mini-ex, and other small excavating equipment to safely complete site clearing, driveway installations, excavation, and final seeding on custom remodeling and new home projects.
This position has the potential to grow into a leadership position in the company, taking the lead in planning, estimating, and managing site work on GRB projects. Training and advancement opportunities are available.
- Erosion and sediment control: Install and maintain silt fence
- Site clearing: Tree and debris removal and stump grinding
- Driveways: Install and maintain driveways during construction. Oversee paving if applicable.
- Excavation: Read blueprints to identify house footprint and set elevations
- Dig basement/house site and footings; backfill around foundation
- Install drain tile, underground piping, well lines, and gas lines
- Rough and final grading for new construction
- Final grade, seed, and straw
- Maintain company equipment, trailers, and dump trucks.
- A good driving record and a history of safe equipment operation is required.
- A CDL is NOT required.
- Three plus years of excavating experience, demonstrating competency and efficiency.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and abide by site plans and county requirements.
- Basic maintenance of equipment (grease, oil changes, etc.).
- Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Work well in a team environment
- Desire to learn and advance
Hours: This is a full-time hourly position with regular hours Monday thru Friday
Salary: Based on experience with a range of $20 to $28
Benefits: Full benefits package including vacation & holiday pay, health, dental, and retirement.
Why work at Golden Rule?
- Short commute (local in Fauquier County)
- Stability – we’ve been in business since 1987
- Development & Training Program
- Family Environment
- Competitive pay
- Vacation & Holiday pay (23 days annually with tenure)
- Health Insurance & Retirement program