Residential Architect / Experienced Drafter: To lead and grow the architecture department at GRB, including playing a key role in company leadership. Define and own company architectural standards, be the resident expert in design/architecture for clients and the company, manage department workflow, and complete designs and construction drawings.
- Develop and maintain company architectural standards and procedures.
- Oversee the quality of work in the Architecture Department.
- Maintain current job knowledge to be the resident expert for design, building codes, and cutting-edge building technology.
- Management of Chief Architect software, updates, and catalog (company design software).
- Site visits for measurements, elevations, and house layouts.
- Participate in client design meetings, led by the salesperson.
- Make product and design recommendations to clients based on their taste, style, and budget.
- Request bids for structural components (concrete, framing, etc).
- Complete construction drawings for permitting.
- Prepare and submit county permitting packages including site plans, VDOT, health, and building.
- Give clients a FUN and enjoyable design experience!
- Work within set company processes
- Advanced knowledge of residential building codes, building materials, and the residential construction process.
- Experience using Chief Architect or a similar software. Experience using Chief Architect is preferred but we will teach if you have a willingness and aptitude to learn.
- Experience with site plans and county permitting.
- Architect license a plus but not required.
- Creative eye to assist clients in designing their dream home.
Requirements: Soft Skills
- Able to lead others and manage priorities/processes at a department level.
- Work within set processes and improve/create new processes to support company growth.
- Exceptional ability to work well with clients, working with them on a process that likely involves “once in a lifetime” decisions.
- Must be a genuine team player, able to juggle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Must be a good listener.
- Competent in using Microsoft software and desire to learn new technology as needed.
Salary: Based on experience.
Benefits: Full benefits package including vacation & holiday pay, health, dental, and retirement.
Hours: This is a full-time IN-OFFICE position with regular office hours Monday thru Friday.
Why work at Golden Rule?
- Short commute (local in Fauquier County)
- Stability – we’ve been in business since 1987
- Family Environment
- Competitive pay
- Vacation & Holiday pay (23 days annually with tenure)
- Health Insurance & Retirement program