Sales – Residential Remodeling & Custom New Homes
Sales – Residential Remodeling & Custom New Homes:
Salesperson to lead clients thru the project development process including design, selections, and educating the client throughout the process, and working with their tastes, style, and budget.
• Convert sales leads to design contracts, then construction contracts
• Give clients a FUN and enjoyable design experience!
• Meet set sales volume and margin quotas
• Work in a team environment, utilizing resources within the team to close sales. This includes working with the estimator, interior design specialist, architect, production manager,
and other salespersons.
• Work within set company processes
• Guide the design phase and ensure it meets the needs and goals of the client
• Prepare the selections spreadsheet for the selections meetings and ensure it is complete and accurate
• Write construction contracts
• Effectively communicate all pertinent information about a client’s project to the Production Team for a successful build.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with residential remodeling including:
o Recognize and identify structural elements and utilities in an existing home that will be impacted by the remodeling
o Experience working with the “unknowns” behind the walls
o Familiarity with the costs of residential construction (costs of materials, labor required, etc)
o Firm grasp of the residential construction processes
o Reading and understanding blueprints
o Note: Only candidates that meet the criteria above will be considered.
• Construction field experience preferred.
• Sales experience preferred but willing to train the right candidate.
• Site experience related to building new homes preferred but not required (I.E. house location, zoning requirements, environmental health requirements, etc.).
Requirements: Soft Skills
• An eye for residential design and ability to guide clients thru both the practical and the aesthetic part of residential design.
• Exceptional ability to work well with clients, leading them thru a process that likely involves “once in a lifetime” decisions.
• Must be a genuine team player and be able to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
• Competent in using Microsoft software and desire to learn new technology as needed.
Salary: Base salary plus commissions (approx. 50/50 split)
Benefits: Full benefits package including vacation & holiday pay, health, dental, and retirement.
Hours: This is a full-time salaried position with regular office hours Monday thru Friday.
Why work at Golden Rule?
• Short commute (local in Fauquier County)
• Stability – we’ve been in business since 1987
• Family Environment
• Competitive pay
• Vacation & Holiday pay (23 days annually with tenure)
• Health Insurance & Retirement program