Equipment Operator & Excavator
Maintain and operate skid steer, mini-ex, and other excavating equipment to safely complete site clearing, driveway installations, excavation, and final seeding on custom remodeling and new home projects.
This position has the potential to grow into a leadership position in the company, taking the lead in planning, estimating, and managing site work on GRB projects. Training and advancement opportunities available.
- Erosion and sediment control: Install and maintain silt fence
- Site clearing: Tree and debris removal and stump grinding
- Driveways: Install and maintain driveways during construction. Oversee paving if applicable.
- Excavation: Read blueprints to identify house footprint and set elevations
- Dig basement/house site and footings; backfill around foundation
- Install drain tile, underground piping, well lines, and gas lines
- Rough and final grading for new construction
- Final grade, seed, and straw
- Maintain company equipment, trailers, and dump trucks.
- A good driving record and a history of safe equipment operation is required.
- Three plus years of excavating experience, demonstrating competency and efficiency.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and abide by site plans and county requirements.
- Basic maintenance of equipment (grease, oil changes, etc.).
- Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Work well in a team environment
- Desire to learn and advance
Hours: This is a full-time hourly position with regular hours Monday thru Friday
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: Full benefits package including vacation & holiday pay, health, dental, and retirement.
Why work at Golden Rule?
- Short commute (local in Fauquier County)
- Stability – we’ve been in business since 1987
- Development & Training Program
- Family Environment
- Competitive pay
- Vacation & Holiday pay (23 days annually with tenure)
- Health Insurance & Retirement program