Interior Design & Selections Consultant
Interior Design & Selections Consultant
For Remodeling & Custom Homes
Updated May 5, 2021
Walk GRB clients thru the selections and design process for cabinetry and other interior/exterior finishes, guiding them based on their tastes, personality, and budget to provide a superior design experience. Oversee and operate our Showroom as a profit center and useful resource for the GRB design team. Complete cabinet designs in 20-20 and submit orders to Wellborn.
Essential Job Duties
Interior Design & Selections Consultation
• Provide consultation to GRB clients on (functional) interior space design for kitchens and baths.
• Provide consultation and guidance to GRB clients on their selections for interior finishes, under the guidance of the salesperson, with options to fit their taste and budget.
• Selections are for remodeling existing spaces and building new custom homes and include:
o plumbing fixtures
o electrical fixtures
o interior trim & doors
o paint colors
o exterior finishes (siding, roofing, exterior trim)
• Additional design consultation includes:
o tile patterns and design
o electrical layouts
o closet designs
• Record client selections using the company processes and policies, with an overall goal of increasing the efficiency and smoothness of the sale and design process.
• Include selection details in Chief Architect (design software) including tile patterns, trim details, cabinetry, flooring, etc.
• Operate the GRB Showroom as a profit center and useful resource for the sales team and GRB clients. Additional displays or future expansion opportunities (adding content) to be approved by the Purchasing Manager/Owner.
• Work closely with the Controller to set annual goals and forecast revenue for the Showroom.
• Maintain current and relevant selections in the Showroom based on the needs of the Sales Department.
• “Own” the Showroom by leading the efforts in design and layout of the product and presentations to be an effective sales tool for the Sales Department.
• Maintain GRB partner vendor relationships that provide content for the GRB Showroom, working under direction of the Purchasing Manager to negotiate discounts and earn maximum revenue for the Showroom.
• Manage quality control and system for Wellborn cabinet design and ordering.
• Coordinate / provide regular training for salespersons and office staff on showroom selections.
• Oversee and complete cabinet designs, including proper signoffs on all cabinet packages prior to ordering.
Cabinet Design & Consultation
• Complete cabinet designs in Chief Architect.
• Complete countertop layout designs.
• Provide consultation to clients on cabinet design, function, layouts, colors, and style, guiding the client to stay within their budget.
• Prepare 20-20 designs and submit for ordering with Wellborn, following the company process for signoffs and review of cabinet design.
• Manage the cabinet ordering process for efficiency and minimal errors.
• Be the primary point of contact for Wellborn.
• Prepare cabinet bids for the Estimating department as requested and by agreed deadlines.
• Provide consultation and ask for input with the production team on material needs and installation requirements, with a goal of making the transition from design to installation seamless and efficient.
• Prepare bids, design, and contracts for small baths, and/or cabinet-only contracts.
Position Requirements – Knowledge & Experience
• Must have an eye for color and design; interior design experience or training is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and expertise in interior finishes including tile, flooring, plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, appliances, and hardware. Knowledge of exterior finishes (siding, roofing) is a plus.
• Experience in cabinet layout and design required; prior experience working with Wellborn cabinetry is a plus.
• Proficient in using 2020 Design Software to design and order cabinetry.
• Experience using Chief Architect or similar design software is a plus.
Position Requirements – Soft Skills
• This position includes frequent communication with clients (on behalf of the sales team) and advanced communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
• Must be a good listener.
• Must be a team player, working with fellow employee towards the common goal of achieving Company goals and serving our clients well.
• This is a full-time hourly position with expectation of working 40 hours per week Monday thru Friday. Overtime or work outside regular business hours may be required on an occasional basis.
• A full benefits package is included including health, dental, vision insurance, vacation time, holiday pay, and retirement plant.
• Compensation is commensurate with knowledge and experience with a range of $24 – $32.
• Potential commissions (not guaranteed) of up to 10K annually for Showroom Manager responsibilities.