Cabinet Designer & Selections Consultant
Support position for our sales team, walking clients thru selections and design for cabinetry and other interiors/exterior finishes for custom new home and renovation projects, guiding them based on their tastes, personality, and budget. Includes completing cabinet designs in 2020 and submitting orders to cabinet manufacturer.
Provide consultation and guidance to custom new home and remodel clients on their selections for:
o exterior finishes
o interior trim and doors
o paint colors
o tile color and design
o cabinets (including design, function, layout, color, and style)
o plumbing fixtures
o electrical fixtures (including electrical layout)
o closet design
• Document client selections using company processes.
• Complete cabinet designs in 2020 Design software (or Chief Architect)
• Prepare and submit cabinet orders to Wellborn Cabinetry.
• Provide consultation to other departments as needed on cabinetry and selections questions
• Give clients a FUN and enjoyable design experience!
• Meet set sales volume and margin quotas
• Work in a team environment, utilizing resources within the team to close sales. This includes working with the estimator, sales and design team, production manager, and lead
• Work within set company processes
• Advanced knowledge and expertise in interior finishes
• Proficient in using 2020 Design Software
• Have an eye for color and design
• Preferred but not required:
o Experience using Chief Architect design software
o Experience working with Wellborn cabinetry
o Interior design training and/or experience
Requirements: Soft Skills
• Exceptional ability to work well with clients, working with them on a process that likely involves “once in a lifetime” decisions.
• Must be a genuine team player, able to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
• Must be a good listener.
• Competent in using Microsoft software and desire to learn new technology as needed.
Salary: Based on experience.
Benefits: Full benefits package including vacation & holiday pay, health, dental, and retirement.
Hours: This is a full-time position with regular office hours Monday thru Friday.
Why work at Golden Rule?
• Short commute (local in Fauquier County)
• Stability – we’ve been in business since 1987
• Family Environment
• Competitive pay
• Vacation & Holiday pay (23 days annually with tenure)
• Health Insurance & Retirement program